After a whole weekend of cheat meals and drinks I start off my Monday’s with every intention to be super healthy. I find it to be much harder to be healthy when the weather is chilly because I just want big bowls of pasta and platefuls of biscuilts.
Most spiralized courgette and carrot recipes I know are cold so I came up with this recipe on one drizzly autumnal day. It is now one of my most favourite recipes. It is warm, filling and scrumptious… oh and incredibly healthy!
Here’s the recipe for my low carb hot courgetti spaghetti.
What You Need
Butternut Squash (half of a large one)
Soft Goats Cheese
1. Roast chopped up chunks of butternut squash in a roasting tray at 160° for half an hour. Cover them in olive oil and ground pepper.
2. Peel the skins off the butternut squash
3. Use a hand blender to blend the butternut squash into a sauce like consistency
4. Spiralize your courgettes and mix up in the butternut squash sauce. Cooking for a further 10 minutes.
I use this spiralizer and it is currently on sale.
5. Dollop lumps of goats cheese all over the dish a mix in.
6. Serve with a handful of rocket and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.