We are a week through the healthiest month of the year.
For some of us, our motivation may be waning.
I have come up with this sweet treat that has no sugar added whatsoever.
It way be hard to believe when you taste these cookies but the only sugar is that of the fruit.
Sugar Free Nutty Biscuits
30g sliced almonds
80g Coconut Flakes
125g Pitted Dates
30g Pumpkin Seeds
Zest of 1 Lemon
3/4 tbsp Coconut Water
1/2 tbsp Apple Juice Syrup (I used this delicious Apple Syrup but you could use apple juice instead)
1. Preheat the oven to 150°c
2. Throw all the ingredients into a food processor
3. Blend together for approximately 4 minutes, until they almost form into a ball (add more coconut water if needed)
4. Divide the mixture into 16 balls and lay on two lined baking trays
5. Flatten each ball with the back of a spatula
6. Cook for 15 minutes rotating the trays half way through
You can leave these biscuits to cool or eat them right away.
They are lovely warm but harden up when left out to cool.
They are incredibly filling and make the perfect breakfast on the go or snack when you fancy a sweet treat.
Let me know if you make them and tag me on Instagram @itmegantaylor