Valentine’s Day is in a couple of hours time and some us may have forgotten to get our loved ones a gift.
These biscuits only take 10 minutes to bake and can be decorated personally for many of your Valentine’s.
I adapted the recipe from one of my favourite cookbooks. My mum bought me this book when I was 18 and it has every recipe you could possibly need. You can buy it here. (Good Housekeeping Step By Step Cook Book).
The recipe makes the most amazing soft dough which is very easy to cut into your desired shapes.
Bakes: 26 medium hearts
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
175g Softened butter
200g golden caster sugar
350g plain flour
1 medium egg
2tsp vanilla essence
decorations for your cookies (I used melted dark chocolate)
1. Mix all your ingredients into a food processor and mix until the ingredients are almost combined into a ball.
2. Roll into a ball to combine the ingredients fully.
3. Roll out the dough about 3mm deep.
4. Lay on baking parchment, on your baking tray.
5. Cook for ten minutes, alternating your trays at half time.
6. Leave your biscuits to cool whilst you sort out your decorating equipment.
Have fun & Happy Valentine’s Day everyone.
Make sure you stop by tomorrow for my Mr & Mrs YouTube video going live at 18:00.