Christmas can be a busy period in many peoples lives. We have shopping to do, cleaning the house, wrapping presents and that to-do list grows even more so if you are hosting. I have created an incredibly yummy sweet treat, which is half healthy and incredibly easy to make, but looks super impressive. The base of this treat is based on my rather incredible Vegan Millionaire’s Shortbread recipe.
(I used this one from Coconut Merchant. If you are not vegan,
real honey can also be used but I personally prefer the flavour is the coconut nectar)
2 handfuls of mixed nuts
1 handful of coconut flakes
Heaped tablespoon of coconut oil
4 pitted Medjool date
• Mix and grind your nuts and coconut together in a blender under they resemble crumbled granola.
• Place your coconut oil in a saucepan on a very low heat. Once your coconut oil has melted place your medjool dates in and heat for a minute or two.
• Pour in a dash or two of water and a few minutes later, turn off the heat and blend the ingredients together with a stick blender.
• Pour in the nutty mixture into the sauce and mix together.
• Line espresso cups with cling film and tightly pack them with the mixture.
• Leave them to set and cool in the fridge for approximately 20 minutes.
• Melt your chocolate in a pan over a low heat.
• Turn out your little mounds out of their cups and onto a plate.
• Pour your melted chocolate on their top but not all over.
Allow them to slowing drip down the sides by themselves, a la “drip cake” style.
• Pop on a very Christmassy chocolate such as Guylian.
• Another thought I had was to melt white chocolate over them to make them look like a Christmas pudding.
Let me know if you make these. I would love to see pictures. Make sure you tag me on social media @itsmegantaylor