Every week I have three and a half days where I eat very well and this includes being sugar free. My way of sugar free is vaguely strict. I do not eat any refined sugar, added sugar, any food that has a sugar listed in its ingredients. I do not include natural sugars such as honey, agave or fruits in these ‘sugars to avoid’ list.
Even though I am being healthy I still have a need for that afternoon sugar hit like anyone else. My Quinoa Goddess Balls are a fab sweet hit. Here is another recipe I love which is very low in calories and has a low Glycemic Index therefore making you feel full for longer.
This recipe will fill your house with a festive scent of cinnamon and you will have a huge bowl of sticky and chewy popcorn. Best of all at only 205 calories, you can eat a very large bowl guilt free…although you may not be able to finish it because it is so filling.
(Measurements and calories are approximated for serving two people)
What you will need
1. Pop some kernels the traditional way in a pan with a little oil.
2. Set your grill to low.
3. Lay out your popped corn on some grease proof paper on a baking tray.
4. Drizzle honey / agave syrup or date syrup over the popcorn.
5. Now your popcorn is sticky, sprinkle ground cinnamon over the popcorn.
6. Place in the grill for about 5 minutes, continuously checking that they are not burning.